Always know what’s #trending

55.6 F
New York

Seth Rogen Does Not Plan on Working with James Franco Again Following Sexual Misconduct Allegations

Image

Seth Rogen and James Franco are known to share a big screen together. The two stars have played roles alongside each other in numerous movies. Movies such as ‘The Interview’, ‘Pineapple Express’, ‘This is the End’, and many more. 

However, Rogen has recently said in an interview that he has ‘no plans’ to work alongside James Franco again. This decision comes after multiple sexual misconduct accusations against Franco in the past years. 

In a recent interview with Britain’s Sunday Times, Rogen openly spoke about his strained professional and personal relationship with Franco. The interview was about multiple aspects of Rogen’s life, but he did touch on the subject of James Franco and his feelings toward the situation. 

James Franco had been accused of sexual misconduct in 2014. He had then again been accused in 2018, this time by 5 separate women.  In the interview, Seth Rogen reflected on his original response to these accusations, saying he ‘regrets’ the way he handled it. In 2014, Seth Rogen made a joke on SNL in his monologue about how he decided to prank Franco by posing as a 17-year old girl on Instagram. Rogen continued to joke that he, AKA the young girl he was posing as, now has a date at the Ace motel with Franco as he was unfazed by the age.

Rogen does not stand by his words from 2014 and told the Sunday TImes, “I do look back at a joke I made on ‘Saturday Night Live’ in 2014 and I very much regret making that joke.”

Following that statement, Rogen also continued to say he regretted saying in 2018 that he would continue to work with Franco despite more sexual misconduct accusations coming out against him. He claimed he should have not stood by Franco at that time and that in reality he never did continue to work with him and still does not have plans to do so. 

Rogen had this to say about his overall feelings on the situation: “What I can say is that I despise abuse and harassment, and I would never cover or conceal the actions of someone doing it, or knowingly put someone in a situation where they were around someone like that”.

Rogen had been accused as an ‘enabler’ of James Franco’s actions. Rogen reflected on this claim and from what he had to say in this interview it is clear he’s upset with his mistakes while dealing with this situation and wants to be better moving forward.

While Rogen publicly regretted and apologized for his actions, he said his situation was “not as painful and difficult as it is for a lot of other people involved. I have no pity for myself in this situation”.

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here